With half hour presentations for awards voters from 12 studios, Deadline’s 3rd Annual THE CONTENDERS all day event Saturday at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts in Beverly Hills was a sold out smash hit that drew 500 industry figures from AMPAS and key guilds. It was all taped so keep watching Deadline this week for a series of videos from the big day starting with Roadside/Lionsgate’s slot which focused on the technical challenges of the Robert Redford one-man show,All Is Lost. I sat down with Director J.C. Chandor, Producers Neal Dodson and Anna Gerb and Sound Editors Richard Hymns (a 3-time Oscar winner) and Steve Boeddeker who explained the art of sound in a film with only one actor, a few lines of dialogue and lots of water. Just getting Redford’s normal breathing to work was no simple task on this film.
The Contenders 2013: ‘All Is Lost’ And Robert Redford’s Heavy Breathing (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Film News
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Ceremonies On Both Coasts
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Writers Guild Awards 2019 Winners List – Updating Live
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast
- James Dahl Dies: Filmmaker For ‘The End Of The Tour’ Was 40
- 50 Cent Threatened By NYPD Commander: “Shoot Him On Sight”