Syfy has put in development Beowulf a drama series adaptation of the classic Old English epic poem that further examines the hero’s rise to power and his feud with the monster Grendel. The project, produced by Omni, is being written by Matt Greenberg (1408) who will executive produce with Brian Hamilton, Michael Chechik, Andrew Cosby and Paulo de Oliveira. Omni and Universal Cable Prods. serve as co-distributors. Beowulf, considered one of the most important works of Anglo-Saxon literature, had a big-screen adaptation with Robert Zemeckis’ 2007 motion capture film. Greenberg, repped by UTA, Magnolia and Jason Sloane, has Legendary’s The Seventh Son coming out.
Syfy Developing ‘Beowulf’ Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Robot Wars’ Sets U.S. Premiere On Science Channel
- Dylan Walsh Books Recurring Role On ‘Law & Order: SVU’
- ‘SNL’ Blooper Reel: Features Laugh-Worthy Outtakes From Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Tiffany Haddish + More
- Vladimir Putin Debuts As Ratings Magnet For Fox News Channel Post-Summit
- ‘9-1-1’ Season 2 Promos: Jennifer Love Hewitt Answers The Emergency Call When Earthquake Hits L.A.
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.