BREAKING: Peter Schlessel, who took over Focus Features after Universal swallowed his FilmDistrict label, has begun assimilating the staffs of those two companies for January’s company relaunch. This happens a day after the company formalized the widely expected news that Focus Features International would shutter. More of this mixing and matching will happen over the next few weeks, and we’ll get a sense of the final layoff count soon. For now, here’s who is staying:
· FilmDistrict’s Beth Lemberger will be EVP Business Affairs, joining Howard Meyers who is currently EVP Business Affairs, Production at Focus Features. Both executives will report to Schlessel. FilmDistrict’s Kevin Monroe will also serve as SVP Business Affairs for Focus reporting to Lemberger.
· Focus Features’ Robert T. Gibson will continue as Focus’ Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Finance, and report to newly appointed Focus Features Chief Operating Officer Adrian Alperovich.
· Brad Goldberg of FilmDistrict will serve as EVP Marketing reporting to the newly appointed Focus Features President of Marketing Christine Birch.
· FilmDistrict’s Tracy Pollard will become Focus’ SVP Creative Advertising and report to Birch.
· Joshua M. McLaughlin will continue on with Focus and serve as SVP Production reporting to Focus Features President of Production Jeb Brody.
· Louis Phillips will remain as Focus Features’ EVP Physical Production reporting to Alperovich.
· FilmDistrict’s Abby Ex will become Focus Features SVP Acquisitions reporting to Lia Buman, President of Acquisitions at Focus Features.
In addition to the executive positions named above, Focus Features EVP Strategic Planning, Business Affairs and Acquisitions, Avy Eschenasy, will serve as an adviser to Schlessel, Alperovich and Lemberger during the transition.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.