Season 4 of MTV‘s flagship comedy Awkward has not even started production yet but the network has already ordered 10 more episodes, bringing the fourth season of the show to 20 episodes. This marks the first season of Awkward without creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich, who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. She was succeeded by Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. It was likely their outlines for Season 4 combined with the strong ratings performance of Awkward’s Season 3, which is airing its second portion, that prompted MTV to give the early vote of confidence. There is no premiere date for Season 4 set yet.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Gets Back 10 Order For Season 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest TV News
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: “Let’s Not Eat Our Own”…
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Jussie Smollett Assault Suspects Released, “New Evidence” Cited – Update