Season 4 of MTV‘s flagship comedy Awkward has not even started production yet but the network has already ordered 10 more episodes, bringing the fourth season of the show to 20 episodes. This marks the first season of Awkward without creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich, who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. She was succeeded by Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. It was likely their outlines for Season 4 combined with the strong ratings performance of Awkward’s Season 3, which is airing its second portion, that prompted MTV to give the early vote of confidence. There is no premiere date for Season 4 set yet.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Gets Back 10 Order For Season 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Gain Yards With Seahawks-Packers; ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Fall Finale Hits Season…
- ‘SMILF’: Frankie Shaw’s Showtime Comedy Gets Season 2 Premiere Date, New Trailer
- Reality TV Wins Its Own Critics’ Choice Awards Show
- ‘Empire’ Casts Alicia Coppola; ‘Star’ Adds Tammi Mac
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Says Judge’s Ruling On Jim Acosta Badge A White House Win
- Brad Carr Joins Endemol Shine North America As SVP Production