Season 4 of MTV‘s flagship comedy Awkward has not even started production yet but the network has already ordered 10 more episodes, bringing the fourth season of the show to 20 episodes. This marks the first season of Awkward without creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich, who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. She was succeeded by Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. It was likely their outlines for Season 4 combined with the strong ratings performance of Awkward’s Season 3, which is airing its second portion, that prompted MTV to give the early vote of confidence. There is no premiere date for Season 4 set yet.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Gets Back 10 Order For Season 4
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
Oscars Foreign Language Film Shortlist: 'Roma', 'Cold War', 'Burning' & More But No 'Girl', 'Border'
Latest TV News
- Rebel Wilson To Star In Sonar Entertainment-Backed Australian Period Drama ‘Les Norton’
- ProSiebenSat.1's "Man In Hollywood" Rüdiger Böss Leaves German Broadcaster After 25 Years
- Korea’s CJ ENM Acquires Majority Stake In Swedish Distributor Eccho Rights
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Sets Lindsey Kraft In Recurring Role
- Netflix Sued By Former Detective Over ‘Making A Murderer’
- Tucker Carlson: “We Are Not Intimidated” By Ad Boycott Over “Dirtier” Immigration Segment