Microsoft‘s new Xbox One console moved as many as 1 million units in 24 hours this week as it smashed records in 14 countries including the US and U.K., the company boasted over the weekend. The Xbox One, the first new Xbox design in 7 years, is priced at $500 a pop and billed as not just a video gaming system but an entertainment console which includes Kinect integration, voice commands, videoconferencing, Blu-ray, and media functions. Sony’s competing PlayStation 4 debuted just over a week ago in North America, also selling 1 million units in a day.
Microsoft’s Xbox One Breaks Sales Record, Moves 1M Units In 24 Hours
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon