Fox‘s Fantastic Four reboot will open on June 19, 2015 — a prime summer release and more than three months later than its initial March 6 date, the studio announced today. Chronicle‘s Josh Trank is directing from a script by Jeremy Slater. Matthew Vaughn’s The Secret Service will now take Fantastic Four‘s initial date of March 6, 2015. It originally was set for November 14, 2014. Michael Fassbender-starrer Assassin’s Creed is moving to August 7, 2015 from its original date of June 19. Fox today also set an October 24, 2014 wide release for an untitled Vince Vaughn pic. And Paul Feig’s Susan Cooper starring Melissa McCarthy opens wide on May 22, 2015.
Fox Shifts ‘Fantastic Four’, ‘The Secret Service’, ‘Assassin’s Creed’, Sets ‘Untitled Vince Vaughn’ & ‘Susan Cooper’ Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
CNN & Others Hit With $300M Defamation Suit By Joe Arpaio; Claims Senate Bid In Peril Over "Felon" Comments
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Reveals 2018 New Members: Jodie Whittaker, Hugh Grant, Letitia Wright, Willem Dafoe Among Crop; See Full List
- BBC Films Hires Former Number 9 Exec Claudia Yusef As Head Of Development
- ‘First Man’ Sound Editors Capture Neil Armstrong’s Journey To The Moon With Authentic, Evocative Palette
- A Fervent Plea To Hollywood’s Film Academy: Consider The No-Host Oscar Option
- Bill Siegel Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Trials Of Muhammad Ali’ Director Was 55
- Scott Derrickson Back To Direct Next ‘Doctor Strange’ Movie