Endemol-owned UK production company Initial‘s credits include hit reality shows Big Brother UK and Your Face Sounds Familiar. After promoting Nick Samwell-Smith to managing director in September, the outfit has now hired Mirella Breda as creative director. Breda will join Initial in February after a long stint at the BBC where she has been executive editor of BBC Entertainment commissioning since 2007. Her tenure has included developing and exec producing Masterchef, Dragons Den, Comic Relief and Initial’s Total Wipeout. At Initial, she will look to expand entertainment output with new formats for the UK and international markets.
Endemol’s Initial Names BBC Exec Mirella Breda As Creative Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Fox News Joins Dozen News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Could Seize As Much As $275M In Global Launch - Box Office Preview
Latest International News
- Oscars 2018: With AFI Fest Closing This Week Which Movies Out Of The Fall Festivals Still Have Academy Mojo?
- ‘The Sonata’: First Footage Of European Co-Pro Horror Starring Freya Tingley
- Jonny Lee Miller & Common To Star In Ursula K. Le Guin Adaptation ‘Nine Lives’
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Available In China After CBS Studios International Strikes iQIYI Deal
- Netflix Nabs Chiwetel Ejiofor’s Directorial Debut ‘The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind’
- ‘Dark’ Creators Set ‘1899’ As Next Netflix Project