Endemol-owned UK production company Initial‘s credits include hit reality shows Big Brother UK and Your Face Sounds Familiar. After promoting Nick Samwell-Smith to managing director in September, the outfit has now hired Mirella Breda as creative director. Breda will join Initial in February after a long stint at the BBC where she has been executive editor of BBC Entertainment commissioning since 2007. Her tenure has included developing and exec producing Masterchef, Dragons Den, Comic Relief and Initial’s Total Wipeout. At Initial, she will look to expand entertainment output with new formats for the UK and international markets.
Endemol’s Initial Names BBC Exec Mirella Breda As Creative Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest International News
- Stormy Daniels NOT In British ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Reportedly Pulls Out At The Last Minute
- Sky & Viacom's C5 Rip Up Schedules To Accommodate Aretha Franklin Docs
- Steve McQueen To Get This Year’s Britannia Award Directing Honor
- IFC Films Nabs U.S. Rights To ‘Black 47’: Lance Daly’s Historical Thriller Recounts Dark Irish Chapter
- ‘Roma’: Netflix Releases Stirring Trailer For Alfonso Cuaron’s First Movie Since ‘Gravity’
- UK Celebrities And Social Media Influencers Investigated For Not Labeling Posts