Season 4 of Downton Abbey went out with a bang on the UK’s ITV on Sunday night. Not only was the hit period drama renewed for a fifth season, the final episode of the regular season scored record numbers for the run. Episode eight drew 9.8M viewers with a peak of 10.5M, ITV said this morning. That was worth a 40.2% share and made it the most-watched installment of the season. The score bested the previous overnight season high of 9.6M. The Crawley clan will be back on ITV on Christmas Day for a special two-hour episode and will kick off Season 4 in the U.S. on January 5th on Masterpiece.
‘Downton Abbey’ Season Four Finale Hits Ratings High
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Krysten Ritter Posts 'Jessica Jones' Finale Table Read Photo; Says She's "Proud" Of How Show Will Complete "Journey"
Latest International News
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ Doc Set To Go Global After eOne Secures International Rights
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Secures Key Deals For Rocket Science At The EFM…
- ‘2025’: How Did Keshet’s ‘Black Mirror’-Meets-‘Monopoly’ Entertainment Format Land?
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink