Season 4 of Downton Abbey went out with a bang on the UK’s ITV on Sunday night. Not only was the hit period drama renewed for a fifth season, the final episode of the regular season scored record numbers for the run. Episode eight drew 9.8M viewers with a peak of 10.5M, ITV said this morning. That was worth a 40.2% share and made it the most-watched installment of the season. The score bested the previous overnight season high of 9.6M. The Crawley clan will be back on ITV on Christmas Day for a special two-hour episode and will kick off Season 4 in the U.S. on January 5th on Masterpiece.
‘Downton Abbey’ Season Four Finale Hits Ratings High
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- ‘A Twelve-Year Night’ Director On Exploring How To Stay Human When Your Humanity Is Taken Away – Awardsline…
- ‘Satan’s Slaves’ Filmmaker Joko Anwar Signs With Paradigm and Good Fear Film
- Playboy Germany Editor Calls Ennio Morricone Article Errors “Deliberate Falsifications” And “Intolerable”
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Cinematographer Matthew Libatique Charged With Assault At Polish Film Festival
- Oscars 2018: With AFI Fest Closing This Week Which Movies Out Of The Fall Festivals Still Have Academy Mojo?
- ‘The Sonata’: First Footage Of European Co-Pro Horror Starring Freya Tingley