Look out Lionsgate, BBC America‘s after a slice of your box office glory. The network scored a per-screen average of $13,607 on Saturday with its Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor REALD 3D screening event, besting The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s $12,300 average in the U.S. according to Rentrak (Catching Fire opened on 4,163 screens last weekend on its way to a $307M global take on the weekend, compared to Doctor Who‘s limited 11-screen run.) NCM Fathom Events will screen the Day Of The Doctor 3D again tonight in 650 theaters nationwide.
‘Doctor Who’ Claims Victory Over ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar…
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink