The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has grossed $18 million in IMAX theaters worldwide and $12.6 million in 347 screens in North America since its Friday release. That’s the best three-day domestic opening for November in IMAX history, topping the previous record set by Sony’s Skyfall in November 2012, IMAX said today. The second film in the Hunger Games franchise also led IMAX to its second best overall weekend ever with total worldwide grosses reaching $25.7 million.
‘Catching Fire’ Estimated To Bring In $18M In IMAX Theaters Worldwide In Opener
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- Why The Industry Shouldn’t Be Scared About The Lowest Winter At The B.O. In Eight Years
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Presidents Day Weekend $151M+ B.O. Is The Lowest Since 2001
- Sundance's 'Fighting With My Family' Slugs A Winning Open; '2019 Oscar Shorts' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Alita’ Battles Her Way To $41M+ 5-Day, But Remains Far From Heaven At The B.O.
- Warner Bros. Dates ‘Dune’ For November 2020 & More