UPDATED: We expect to have analysis from Nikki but want to give you some numbers to chew on. Updated numbers are below.
PREVIOUS, SATURDAY PM: Lionsgate’s Ender’s Game topped Friday with $9.9M on track to a projected $29.4M cume. But for a film designed to start a franchise it’d better giddyap, especially with The Hunger Games: Catching Fire bound to hoover up all that young demo box office cash. Paramount’s Bad Grandpa slid into second with $18M and should land at a $59.7M 2-week take, followed by CBS‘s older-skewing Last Vegas heading for a $15.5M weekend. Relativity’s animated Free Birds snagged 4th with $15.1M and is slow-cooking its way to the Thanksgiving holiday. Meanwhile Disney Int’l raked in $45.2M with Wednesday overseas opener Thor: The Dark World before it hammers its way stateside next week.
1. Ender’s Game (Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 3,407]
Friday $9.85M, Saturday $10.74M, Weekend $27.6M
2. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,345]
Friday $6.09M, Saturday $8.9M, Weekend $20.75M, Cume $62.3M
3. Last Vegas (CBS) NEW [Runs 3,035]
Friday $5.03M, Saturday $7.05M, Weekend $16.3M
4. Free Birds (Relativity) NEW [Runs 3,736]
Friday $3.96M, Saturday $7.3M, Weekend $16M
5. Gravity (WB) Week 5 [Runs 3,024]
Friday $3.6M, Saturday $6.13M, Weekend $13.1M, Cume $219.2M
6. Captain Phillips (Sony) Week 4 [Runs 3,021]
Friday $2.42M, Saturday $3.9M, Weekend $8.5M, Cume $82.6M
7. 12 Years A Slave (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [Runs 410]
Friday $1.26M, Saturday $2.1M, Weekend $4.8M, Cume $9M
8. Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs (Sony) Week 6 [Runs 2,430]
Friday $0.89M, Saturday $2M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $106.1M
9. The Counselor (Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,044]
Friday $1.04M, Saturday $1.47M, Weekend $3.39M, Cume $13.8M
10. Carrie (Sony) Week 3 [Runs 2,252]
Friday $0.99M, Saturday $1.49M, Weekend $3.38M, Cume $32M
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.