Until now David O. Russell‘s American Hustle (12/13) has been largely unseen, and along with Paramount’s The Wolf Of Wall Street (12/25) is the last 2013 awards contender to be unveiled. (I’m told screenings start this weekend for Hustle and at the end of the month for Wolf.). So all we have are the trailers and the six-minute opening sequence Russell showed at his AFI tribute last week. But at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event, one of the film’s producers, Richard Suckle, offered the 411 on just how far the American Hustle actors would go for their art in this wild crime drama.
The Contenders 2013: ‘American Hustle’ Producer Tells Why Christian Bale Shaved His Head And Gained 40 Pounds (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘The Souvenir’ Trailer: Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winner Stars Honor Swinton Byrne & Mom Tilda Swinton
- ‘Rocketman’ Featurette: Taron Egerton Sings Tiny Dancer In Elton John Biopic
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…