It’s no secret Tim Burton‘s been plotting a sequel to his Beetlejuice; he’s been talking it up at various press events for two years now since Deadline’s Mike Fleming first reported Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg would be producing the pic for their KatzSmith Productions. So who’s shocked that Burton’s mulling an offer to direct the ghost-with-the-most follow-up for Warner Bros? I’m told even though he’s in very early negotiations on the Grahame-Smith-penned sequel, it won’t be his next film. He’s got Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set for summer 2015 and is finishing Big Eyes for next August.
Beware Those Tim Burton-‘Beetlejuice 2’ Ghost Stories
What's Hot on Deadline
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
'Star Trek: Short Treks' Set On CBS All Access, 'Discovery' Season 2 Trailer Unveiled, Rebecca Romijn Joining The Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con
- Strike Talk Dominates Editors Guild Meeting: “They're Serious About It – Very Serious"
- ‘Aquaman’ Trailer: Jason Momoa, Nicole Kidman & Cast Swim Into Action In DC Pic – Comic-Con
- ‘Shazam’ Trailer: Zachary Levi Learns To Be A Superhero In DC’s Latest Comedy-Driven Pic – Comic-Con