Starz has put into development hourlong scripted drama WonderWorld, from Owen Wilson, Rene Balcer, Fred Berner, and Regina Lee. Set in Ronald Reagan’s America and inspired by one of the biggest undercover operations in FBI history, WonderWorld follows two straight-arrow FBI agents as they infiltrate the violent Mob-controlled porn industry of the 1980s, with dire consequences for themselves and their families. Wilson is executive producing. Emmy winner Rene Balcer will be writer and showrunner and will executive produce alongside Wilson and Berner, with Lee serving as a producer. Wilson is repped by UTA and attorney Bob Wallerstein; Balcer is with UTA and Don Walerstein; Berner is with Verve and Jeanne Newman.
Starz Developing Ronald Reagan-Era Drama With Owen Wilson & Rene Balcer
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest TV News
- LaToya Morgan Re-Ups Overall Deal With AMC, Will Oversee Inclusion Initiative
- Gordon Ramsay’s Series Simmer In Ratings, Fox Still Wins Night; World Cup Scores In D.C.
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- David Ayer & Chris Long’s Cedar Park Inks First-Look Deal With Entertainment One
- John Oliver Censored In China After Scathing Winnie The Pooh Segment
- Lifetime Orders 3 Kim Raver-Produced Movies Based On Jane Green Novels; Alyssa Milano To Star In ‘Tempting Fate’