EXCLUSIVE: Fox Searchlight and director John Madden are courting Richard Gere to star in the sequel to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, the 2011 sleeper hit that grossed $136 million worldwide on a $10 million budget. Original cast members Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton and Maggie Smith are expected to return when shooting begins early next year. Gere would play a new role. WME-repped Gere most recently starred in Arbitrage. Stay tuned, I will supply more details when I get them.
Richard Gere Courted For ‘Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2’
What's Hot on Deadline
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
'Glass' Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking - Sunday Final
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Latest Film News
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…
- With Tuesday’s Oscar Nominations, Will Academy Officials Finally Leave The Bunker?
- 'Who Will Write Our History' Tops Slow Pack of Debuts; 'Free Solo' at $13.1M: Specialty Box Office – Update
- ‘Glass’ Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking – Sunday Final
- Andy Vajna, Producer Of ‘Rambo’ Films And ‘Terminator 3,’ Dies At 74