The Maze Runner had been set for a February 14, 2014 release but is now being delayed to September 19. ”Good news and bad news y’all. Bad news, you have to wait a bit longer. Good news, the movie and marketing can be the best it can be now”, director Wes Ball tweeted today. “These things aren’t my choice, but I 100% agree with fox’s decision. Just imagine the cool stuff we can do with a little extra time”, he added. Blake Cooper, Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster star in the pic based on James Dashner’s novel trilogy about a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. The new date pits Maze Runner against Warner Bros’ Dolphin Tale 2 and TriStar’s sports drama When The Game Stands Tall.
‘Maze Runner’ Release Pushed To September 19, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest Film News
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline
- ‘IT Chapter Two’: Xavier Dolan & Will Beinbrink Cast In New Line Sequel
- Randall Stephenson Talks AT&T’s Next Chapter As “Modern Media Company”
- Lena Waithe On Mentoring, Accountability & The Next Frontier – Cannes Lions