EXCLUSIVE: Raising Hope‘s Gary Anthony Williams and his writing partner Jeannie Roshar have sold their romantic comedy pitch I Own You to Lionsgate, with a story that centers on the comedic trials and tribulations of an interracial marriage turned upside down. The duo will co-write I Own You based on a 2008 short film of the same name that they penned and starred in together and which Williams directed. No director or talent has been set for the feature version, but I understand Williams and Roshar aren’t expected to reprise their characters from the short, only write the project. Williams, whose credits include Boston Legal, Malcolm In The Middle, The Boondocks, and Fox’s The Internship, currently appears on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Raising Hope, and on Cartoon Network’s MAD. He’s also active on the improv scene and, with Roshar, co-founded the LA Comedy Shorts Festival. Williams’ scripting resume includes the NBC pilot The Fosters, Nickelodeon’s Baby Stache, Cartoon Network’s Gangsta Geeks pilot, and FreemantleMedia North America’s High Philosophy web series. Roshar wrote the feature StarLaunch, which Neil Patrick Harris is attached to star in, and Decades, which was optioned by the Napoleon Dynamite crew. Williams and Roshar are repped by APA, ROAR, and Ginsburg Daniels LLP.
Lionsgate Springs For Interracial Rom Com ‘I Own You’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest Film News
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline
- ‘IT Chapter Two’: Xavier Dolan & Will Beinbrink Cast In New Line Sequel
- Lena Waithe On Mentoring, Accountability & The Next Frontier – Cannes Lions
- Felicity Huffman Joins Angela Bassett And Patricia Arquette In ‘Otherhood’ At Netflix
- AT&T To Launch Its WatchTV ‘Skinny Bundle’ Video Streaming Service