EXCLUSIVE: John Corbett has been cast in Blumhouse and Universal‘s The Boy Next Door, about a recently divorced MILF (Jennifer Lopez) whose affair with the teenage neighbor kid goes very wrong. Corbett will play Lopez’s ex-husband in the pic, which The Fast and the Furious helmer Rob Cohen is in negotiations to direct. Kristin Chenoweth is also onboard playing Lopez’s best friend. The micro-budgeted drama/thriller is scripted by Barbara Curry and will shoot this fall in LA. Smart Entertainment and Nuyorican Productions are also producing, with Universal distributing the film as part of its first-look deal with Blumhouse. Corbett is repped by Gersh and Steve Lovett Management.
John Corbett Joins Blumhouse J. Lo Thriller ‘The Boy Next Door’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- WGA: Georgia’s Proposed Anti-Abortion Law Could Send State’s Film & TV Industry Packing
- ATA Blasts WGA For Threatening To Throw “Industry Into Chaos” As Latest Talks End
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Marvel Reassures Fans To Hold On To “That Shred Of Hope…”
- ‘Devil In The White City’ Author Erik Larson Signs With UTA
- Michela De Rossi Lands Final Lead In ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’
- Freestyle Digital Media Acquires Marcia Klimpton’s ‘Bardo Blues’; Vertical Enters Horror Pic ‘The Convent…