EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 is moving forward with an adaptation of the 2012 John Grisham bestseller The Racketeer, setting Frank Baldwin to write the script. Double Features partners Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher are producing. The novel revolves around a former marine-turned-attorney in a small Virginia law firm who unwittingly gets caught up in a shady deal and is given a decade sentence after an FBI sweep. His career and marriage in tatters, he gains leverage when a judge is murdered and he’s the only one who knows why and what was kept in the judge’s empty safe. He gets sprung, but is not near done getting revenge against the feds that put him behind bars. The project was originally set up with Fox 2000 and New Regency but the latter exited when talks with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa hit the rocks. Baldwin has done the Black List scripts When Corruption Was King and The Art Of Making Money. Baldwin is repped by WME and Leverage’s Michael Garnett.
Fox 2000 Sets Frank Baldwin To Script John Grisham Legal Thriller ‘The Racketeer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office