Elizabeth Olsen is heading for her superhero movie debut in Marvel‘s 2015 sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A source close to the situation tells Deadline she’s all but sealed for the pic and that her deal is “just a matter of formality before it’s done.” Marvel isn’t officially talking specifics but Samuel L. Jackson, the Avengers’ Nick Fury, confirmed Olsen’s casting as the Scarlet Witch during an interview with the WSJ. Olsen next appears in FilmDistrict’s Oldboy and is repped by The Gersh Agency, Brillstein Partners, and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.
Elizabeth Olsen Closing On Deal To Join ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
ABC Midseason Schedule: 'A Million Little Things' On Thursday, 'Dancing With the Stars' On Break, 'Whiskey' & 'Fix' Slotted
Latest Film News
- AR Content Sets Kevin Macdonald & Rosanne Korenberg To Produce Pre-Holocaust WWII Refugee Docu That Parallels…
- Comedy ‘Sink Or Swim’ Posts Studiocanal’s Best Box Office Result In France As Remake Interest Grows
- Berlin Film Fest Competition: François Ozon, Fatih Akin In Lineup; Charles Ferguson ‘Watergate’ Doc Gets…
- ‘Playmobil: The Movie’ First Trailer: Anya Taylor-Joy, Adam Lambert, Meghan Trainor, Daniel Radcliffe Voice…
- Netflix Buys Horror Pic ‘Eli’ From Paramount
- Daphne Zuniga To Helm ‘The Protegé’; Gravitas Lands ‘The Divorce Party’; Ramses Jimenez In ‘Critical Thinking’…