Elizabeth Olsen is heading for her superhero movie debut in Marvel‘s 2015 sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A source close to the situation tells Deadline she’s all but sealed for the pic and that her deal is “just a matter of formality before it’s done.” Marvel isn’t officially talking specifics but Samuel L. Jackson, the Avengers’ Nick Fury, confirmed Olsen’s casting as the Scarlet Witch during an interview with the WSJ. Olsen next appears in FilmDistrict’s Oldboy and is repped by The Gersh Agency, Brillstein Partners, and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.
Elizabeth Olsen Closing On Deal To Join ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
'Star Trek: Short Treks' Set On CBS All Access, 'Discovery' Season 2 Trailer Unveiled, Rebecca Romijn Joining The Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con
- Strike Talk Dominates Editors Guild Meeting: “They're Serious About It – Very Serious"
- ‘Aquaman’ Trailer: Jason Momoa, Nicole Kidman & Cast Swim Into Action In DC Pic – Comic-Con
- ‘Shazam’ Trailer: Zachary Levi Learns To Be A Superhero In DC’s Latest Comedy-Driven Pic – Comic-Con