BREAKING: DreamWorks has acquired the upcoming sci-fi thriller novel Spark by John Twelve Hawks. Doubleday is publishing the book in the U.S. and UK in October 2014, and the deal was just made by UTA’s Kassie Evashevski. The author, also repped by Writers House, is well-known for being reclusive. He’s known to his fans as J12H and supposedly communicates to the outside world through untraceable satellite calls using a voice scrambler. He just prefers to live off the grid, and that will be a little easier with some of that movie deal option cash. Warner Bros last year optioned his Fourth Realm Trilogy series.
DreamWorks Buys John Twelve Hawks Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Spark’
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
'Crazy Rich Asians' Could Hit $30M In 5-Day Opening; Fandango Presales Currently Besting 'Girls Trip'
Latest Film News
- Paramount Sets First Look Deal With Adam McKay & Will Ferrell’s Gary Sanchez & Gloria Sanchez Labels
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Heading To $6M+ Wednesday; ‘Meg’ Swims To $60M – Midday Box Office
- Keri Russell To Join Adam Driver In ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival
- ‘The Kindergarten Teacher’ To Open Hamptons Film Festival
- Ang Lee & Nancy Utley Among Those Set For DGA Honors
- ‘TMNT’ Producer Galen Walker Ties Up With ToonBox In Co-Production Deal