Relativity said it has formed 278 Films, which will distribute indie films through the company’s national distribution platform. The stand-alone label will be for producers looking for distribution services while managing their own P&A and as such those pics will be separate from the parent company’s slate. No titles have been set yet. “Relativity has built a world-class distribution platform for our movies and now, we are excited to offer it to independent films looking to bring their stories to audiences across the country”, said Kyle Davies, Relativity’s President of Worldwide Distribution, in announcing the deal.
Relativity Launches Indie Distributor 278 Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Dave Bautista Stands For Felled 'Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn As Free Speech Chill Sets Into Hollywood
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Suspect Barricaded In Silver Lake Trader Joe's After Police Pursuit; LAPD Confirms Hostages, One Injury - Update
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
Latest Film News
- ‘Women Who Kick Ass’ Panel Talks Shift In Hollywood & Need For Female Role Models For Young Men – Comic-Con
- ‘Cut Throat City’ Trailer: RZA Goes From Martial Arts To Heist Drama In Hurricane Katrina-Era Pic – Comic-Con
- Harvey Weinstein & Former Crisis PR Firm’s Legal Dust-Up To Be Short Lived
- Sen. Ted Cruz On James Gunn: “He Needs To Be Prosecuted If The Tweets Are True”
- ‘Deadly Class’ EP Joe Russo On Syfy Adaptation & Next ‘Avengers’ Movie – Comic-Con
- Strike Talk Dominates Editors Guild Meeting: “They're Serious About It – Very Serious"