Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to the Eugenio Mira-helmed Grand Piano, which world premiered this afternoon at Fantastic Fest in Austin. Elijah Wood and John Cusack star in the psychological thriller from the producing team of Adrián Guerra and Rodrigo Cortés. Story sets Wood as a piano virtuoso forced into early retirement because of crippling stage fright. When he returns to the stage, the recital turns deadly and he is forced to literally play for his life. It’s slated for a 2014 release.
Magnet Nabs U.S. Rights To ‘Grand Piano’
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL' Blooper Reel: Features Laugh-Worthy Outtakes From Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Tiffany Haddish + More
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Latest Film News
- Netflix Celebrates World Emoji Day With “Recomojis” On Facebook Messenger
- Sony Pictures Hires Ellene V. Miles As SVP Intersectional Marketing
- “Lawnmower Man” Director Brett Leonard Shooting Scripted VR Series “Hollywood Rooftop”
- Cinthya Carmona Joins ‘The Tax Collector’; Cathy Shim Cast In ‘The Sun Is Also A Star’; Jake Allyn In ‘Kill Me Twice…
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships