EXCLUSIVE: HBO has passed on The Missionary, its Cold War spy drama pilot from Charles Randolph, producers Stephen Levinson and Mark Wahlberg and author Malcolm Gladwell. Set in late-’60s Berlin, The Missionary — written by Randolph and directed by Baltasar Kormakur — centered on Roy (Benjamin Walker), a young American missionary who gets caught up in Cold War intrigue while helping a young woman escape East Berlin. It was greenlighted to pilot in June 2012.
HBO Pilot ‘The Missionary’ Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Richard Valeriani Dies: NBC Newsman Who Covered Civil Rights Movement & Nixon Was 85
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon