EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, DreamWorks has acquired an untitled pitch to be written by Matt Charman that tells the true story of James Donovan. Donovan was a prominent American attorney who was unexpectedly thrust into the center of the Cold War after being tasked by the CIA to slip past the Berlin Wall on his own and negotiate the release of the downed U-2 spy plane pilot Gary Powers. Charman’s repped by CAA and Fourth Floor Productions.
DreamWorks Acquires Matt Charman’s Cold War Thriller Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Magnum P.I.': Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & 'Hawaii Five-0' Crossover - Comic-Con
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An 'SVU' Crossover? - Comic-Con
'Iron Man' At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau
Bradley Cooper's 'A Star Is Born' Headed To Venice After First Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors
Latest Film News
- Shinobu Hashimoto Dies: Writer Of ‘Rashomon’, ‘Seven Samurai’ & 70 Other Screenplays Was 100
- ‘Assassination Nation’: Sundance Darling Captures Hall H Crowd With Provocative Footage – Comic-Con
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview