EXCLUSIVE: Branching out from indie movies, the American Film Market is getting into the book business. The annual festival has signed a four-year deal with Focal Press to team on American Film Market Presents, a series of books on the business of film production and distribution. Among the topics will be financing, pitching, law, and marketing. The first book, due October 3, is American Film Market Presents: The Business Of Media Distribution, Second Edition, by Jeff Ulin, who headed sales at Lucasfilm for years. “Our goal is to provide the independent production community with resources and information that helps films get made,” AFM managing director Jonathan Wolf said in a statement today. This year’s AFM runs November 6-13.
AFM Inks Deal For Book Series On Production & Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full Winners…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International Box…
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast