The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Rocketman’ Featurette: Taron Egerton Sings Tiny Dancer In Elton John Biopic
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony