The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
2019 Spirit Award Nominations: ‘We The Animals’ Tops With Five, A24 Leads All Distributors, Studio Classic Labels Come Up Short
Latest Film News
- Criterion Films Announces New Streaming Service To Replace FilmStruck
- Peter Bart: A Final Toast To Screenwriter Extraordinaire William Goldman
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Star Rami Malek To Receive Breakthrough Performance Award At 30th Palm Springs Film Festival
- Greenwich Entertainment Hits A Home Run With TIFF Docu ‘Screwball’
- Chris Pratt In Early Talks For ‘The Saint’
- Aisha Tyler To Direct Irwin Winkler-Produced Drama ‘Vigilante’