Georg Maas’ feature is Germany’s official submission for the 86th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Two Lives is based on the true story of German Kathrine Evensen (Juliane Köhler), who leads a happy life with her family and mother (Liv Ullmann) in Norway. But with the fall of the Berlin Wall she is suddenly confronted with her secret Stasi past. The film will be released in Germany on September 19. Beta Cinema is selling worldwide rights. The Oscars are set for March 2, with nominations unveiled January 16.
‘Two Lives’ To Rep Germany In Foreign-Language Oscar Race
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Awardsline News
- Deadline’s The Contenders London Photo Studio 2018 – John Krasinski, Nicole Kidman, Letitia Wright, Rosamund Pike…
- Nicole Dubuc To Receive WGA West Animation Writing Award
- Martin Scorsese Named 2018 MoMA Film Benefit Honoree
- ‘Free Solo’ Leads Critics’ Choice Documentary Awards Nominations With Six; Michael Moore Set For Career Honor
- ‘Beautiful Boy’, ‘Cold War’ & ‘Suspiria’: Humanity’s Resilience Shines Strong In Amazon’s Awards Slate – The Contenders…
- ‘Paddington 2’: Hugh Grant On That Big Dance Finale And “Weird History” With Ben Whishaw – The Contenders…