UPDATED: Billy Bob Thornton is set to star in FX’s first limited series Fargo, executive produced by Joel and Ethan Coen. A 10-episode limited series inspired by the Coens’ 1996 film, FX’s Fargo will feature an all-new true crime story, with the series following a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and “Minnesota nice” that were the film’s trademark. Thornton will play Lorne Malvo, a rootless, manipulative man who meets a small town insurance salesman and sets him on a path of destruction. The character draws parallels to Peter Stormare’s Gaear in the movie. FX CEO John Landgraf confirmed that Fargo will end with its 10th episode and the characters won’t continue beyond the 10-episode run but a Fargo anthology franchise ala American Horror Story is “conceivable”. Produced by FX Prods and MGM TV, Fargo was written by Noah Hawley, who exec produces with the Coens and Warren Littlefield. MGM Television will be the lead studio and handle worldwide distribution of the series outside the U.S. and Canada.
TCA: Billy Bob Thornton Cast In FX’s ‘Fargo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump’s ‘SNL’ Tweet Is “A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?”…
- Viacom International Media Networks Launches Interactive Gameshow ‘MTV Stax’ On Facebook Watch In UK
- ‘2025’: How Did Keshet’s ‘Black Mirror’-Meets-‘Monopoly’ Entertainment Format Land?
- All3Media’s Lime Pictures Options Futuristic YA Death Row Drama ‘The Loop’
- Twofour Scores Bumper Order For Social Experiment 'Undercover Girlfriends' As Backer ITV Touts Formats Globally
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List