EXCLUSIVE: Buoyed by his latest film’s strong platform opening numbers, The Spectacular Now producer/financier Andrew Lauren has just closed a deal for film rights to The Carrion Birds, the novel by The Terror Of Living author Urban Waite. Lauren will produce through his Gotham-based Andrew Lauren Productions shingle. Set in a Southwestern border town, the book tells a contemporary Western story about a killer ready to put down his guns and reconnect with his young teenage son for a life far from the bloodshed. When a final job of stealing a rival’s stash goes wrong near the Mexico border, it puts the killer in the crosshairs of his morally conflicted cousin and a new female sheriff. ALP exec Dave Platt brought in the book and David Boyle made the deal with Joel Gotler repping Sobel Weber Associates Inc. Lauren, the son of fashion icon Ralph Lauren, previously exec produced Noah Baumbach’s The Squid And The Whale.
‘Spectacular Now’ Financier Andrew Lauren Options Urban Waite’s ‘The Carrion Birds’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…
- L.A. Memorial Service Set For Film Sales Vet Robbie Little