After an 8-year stint in the U.S., producer Simon Andreae is headed back to Britain to hang production shingle Scarlet Media. Sony Pictures Television is backing the venture and taking a majority stake. It will also distribute Scarlet’s output internationally. This marks the fifth UK production company owned by SPT and its 19th international outfit. London-based Scarlet Media will focus on original factual and factual entertainment formats as well as series and specials. Andreae will be managing director, reporting to SPT president of international production Andrea Wong. Most recently, Andreae was SVP West Coast Development and Production for Discovery. He is also founder of LA-based The Incubator and a former Channel 4 exec. SPT’s other UK production companies are Left Bank Pictures, Gogglebox Entertainment, Silver River and Victory Television.
Sony Pictures Television, Simon Andreae Launch UK Production Outfit Scarlet Media
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest International News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta On The Power Of Women In ‘Roma’ – Guest Column
- ‘War For Cybertron’: Netflix Sets Transformers Universe Origin Toon Series For 2020
- Scandinavia’s Viaplay Moves Into Short-Form Horror With ‘Cryptid’ From ‘Midnight Sun’ Producers
- Cinematographers Call Academy Oscar Broadcast Explanation “Unsatisfying” In New Letter