EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Nickelodeon is not moving forward with freshman comedy series Wendell & Vinnie. The sitcom starring Jerry Trainor premiered in February. It was originally going to be paired with Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run on Sunday nights but was launched on Saturday instead. It then was moved around the schedule a couple of times and, 14 episodes into the show’s 20-episode order, Wendell & Vinnie was pulled. Nickelodeon had indicated its plan was to relaunch the series in September around other originals and it even ordered backup scripts, but the network ultimately decided to cancel the series. It is unclear whether the six remaining episodes will air.
Nickelodeon’s ‘Wendell & Vinnie’ Cancelled
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
Latest TV News
- ‘The Village’ Casts Nadine Nicole; Reshma Shetty Joins ‘Instinct’
- Viacom CEO Bob Bakish Concedes “Some Softness” At Nickelodeon: “We Are Actively Working On It”
- ‘Requiem’ & ‘The Missing’ Outfit New Pictures Options Dystopian YA Novel ‘The Territory’
- CNN, Jim Acosta Take Victory Lap After Judge Tells White House To Return Press Badge Pronto
- CNN Wins Round 1 Of Battle With Donald Trump White House Over Jim Acosta Press Badge
- FX Developing Cult Crime Drama ‘Piety’ Produced By Noah Hawley