Focus World, the alternative distribution initiative owned and operated by Focus Features, is partnering with Screen Media Films on acquiring U.S. rights to A Birder’s Guide To Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. The film will hit theaters and digital platforms in the spring of 2014. Directed by Rob Meyer, A Birder’s Guide To Everything centers on 15-year-old birding fanatic David Portnoy (Kodi Smit-McPhee) as he heads off on an epic road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist (Ben Kingsley) to solidify a plan in birding history. Meyer and Luke Matheny penned the screenplay. Cast includes The Bling Ring‘s Katie Chang and James Le Gros. This marks the third collaboration for Focus World and Screen Media following The Lifeguard, which hits theaters Friday, and C.O.G., which opens next month. Both played at Sundance in January.
Focus World, Screen Media Acquire ‘A Birder’s Guide To Everything’
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast