The Toronto Film Festival has released a subtitled trailer for Japanese anime master Hayao Miyazaki’s Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises). The film will premiere in competition in Venice just ahead of its North American bow in Canada as a Special Presentation. A mix of the real-life stories of aircraft designer Jiro Horikoshi and the poet Tatsuo Hori, the film is a tale of war, perseverance and love. Toho released it in July in Japan where it’s been a big hit with about $57M so far. There is currently no U.S. distributor.
Hot Festival Trailer: Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘The Wind Rises’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest Film News
- Universal Takes Rights To Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah’s ‘Friday Black’; ‘Hobbs & Shaw’s David Leitch…
- Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective Buys Stake In Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine; Otter Media Ups…
- Oscars Update: Gary Oldman, Allison Janney To Present Best Actor; Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell Best Actress
- Oscars Set Diverse Group To Intro Best Picture Noms During Ceremony
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: “I Take Responsibility”
- MACRO Inks First-Look Deal At Warner Bros.