Esio Trot will see Dustin Hoffman play Mr Hoppy, a retired bachelor who harbors a secret passion for his neighbor, Mrs Silver (Judi Dench). Unfortunately, she lavishes all her affection on Alfie… her pet tortoise. Directed by Dearbhla Walsh, a 2008 Emmy winner for Little Dorrit, the BBC One commission will be produced by Hilary Bevan Jones’ Endor Productions and BBC One. Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-Archer, who previously worked together on comedy series The Vicar Of Dibley, reteamed to handle the adaptation. The 90-minute movie starts shooting in London next spring. Red Arrow International, whose parent company holds a majority stake in Endor, will sell worldwide.
Dustin Hoffman, Judi Dench Team For BBC Adaptation Of Roald Dahl’s ‘Esio Trot’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest International News
- Playboy Germany Editor Calls Ennio Morricone Article Errors “Deliberate Falsifications” And “Intolerable”
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Cinematographer Matthew Libatique Charged With Assault At Polish Film Festival
- Oscars 2018: With AFI Fest Closing This Week Which Movies Out Of The Fall Festivals Still Have Academy Mojo?
- ‘The Sonata’: First Footage Of European Co-Pro Horror Starring Freya Tingley
- Jonny Lee Miller & Common To Star In Ursula K. Le Guin Adaptation ‘Nine Lives’
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Available In China After CBS Studios International Strikes iQIYI Deal