Danny Boyle is turning to television with Channel 4 pilot Babylon. The UK network says BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong are scripting the pilot. Their credits include TV series Fresh Meat and Peep Show, and the feature Four Lions. Boyle is producing and will direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but the series is said to be a contemporary police drama. The pilot will air in 2014 with casting underway for production later this year. Boyle previously collaborated with Channel 4’s Film4 on his Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire.
Danny Boyle To Produce & Direct Cop Drama For Channel 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: "Let's Not Eat Our Own"
Latest International News
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta On The Power Of Women In ‘Roma’ – Guest Column
- ‘War For Cybertron’: Netflix Sets Transformers Universe Origin Toon Series For 2020
- Scandinavia’s Viaplay Moves Into Short-Form Horror With ‘Cryptid’ From ‘Midnight Sun’ Producers
- Cinematographers Call Academy Oscar Broadcast Explanation “Unsatisfying” In New Letter
- Oscars Last Call: Guillermo Del Toro Breaks Down Alfonso Cuarón’s ‘Roma’, Tweet By Tweet