Cinedigm acquired the North American distribution rights to Adventures Of The Penguin King, a documentary produced by Atlantic Productions that tracks the exploits of one King Penguin. The film was shot entirely in 4K 3D, and Cinedigm is planning a multi-platform release this winter. The film follows Rex–a King Penguin voiced by Tim Allen–starting as a young King Penguin living near the remote island of South Georgia also known as “Penguin City,” a sub-Antarctic habitat that plays host to leopard and elephant seals, albatrosses, and six million penguins. After years at sea as a bachelor, Rex’s adventure begins when he ventures to start a family. “King Penguins are surprisingly expressive, full of character, and despite the harsh realities of filming for five months in the remote Antarctic, we were able to capture a moving and irresistibly comic story of one penguin’s challenge to find a mate and raise a chick,” said producer Anthony Geffen.
Cinedigm Acquires ‘Adventures Of The Penguin King’ Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Rocketman’ Featurette: Taron Egerton Sings Tiny Dancer In Elton John Biopic
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony