Fresh off the director’s futuristic actioner Elysium, Sony Pictures has pegged Neill Blomkamp‘s follow-up for March 27, 2015. Chappie is the story of the titular robot with artificial intelligence that is stolen by a pair of gangsters (Ninja and Yolandi Visser of South African rap-rave act Die Antwoord) who want to use the robot for their evil-doing. Sharlto Copley, the villain from Elysium who also starred in Blomkamp’s District 9, will voice Chappie. Blomkamp co-wrote the script with Terri Tatchell and is producing with Simon Kinberg. Sony Pictures and Media Rights Capital are co-producing the film, which begins production in the fall.
Neill Blomkamp’s ‘Chappie’ Gets Spring 2015 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About 'Green Lantern' & 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia! 2’ Plays $42M On Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China – International Box…
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty Box…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’…