The Comcast CEO teamed up with World Bank President Jim Kim and former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk in a game with President Obama today at the Vineyard Golf Club on Martha’s Vineyard, according to the White House Pool Report. This coveted access to the leader of the free world may excite the imaginations of conspiracy theorists. But Brian Roberts has been close to the president for years. He endorsed the Affordable Care Act, was appointed to the White House’s Jobs and Competitiveness Council, and hosted a reception for Obama on Martha’s Vineyard two years ago. Comcast EVP David Cohen was a major fundraiser for the president’s re-election campaign.
Brian Roberts Joins President For Golf
What's Hot on Deadline
PTA, Cuaron, Streisand, Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Inarritu, DiCaprio, Chazelle, Nolan Among Directors Appealing To Warner Bros To Save FilmStruck
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
'This Is Us' Tops Demo; 'NCIS' Rules Total Viewers As Tuesday Shows Take Midterm Election Preemption Hits
Latest Business News
- SAG-AFTRA Panel Warns Industry To Stop Ignoring Law Protecting Child Actors From Predators
- Isan Elba, Daughter Of Idris Elba, Named Golden Globe Ambassador
- Malibu Film Society Hopes To Renew Operations In Happier Times
- ‘X-Men: First Class’ Co-Producer Jason Taylor Joins Futurism Studios As President Of Production
- Michael Avenatti Out On Bail After Domestic Violence Arrest In L.A.; Vows He’ll Be “Fully Exonerated”…
- Tamir Muhammad Launches Production Company, Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros.