Fresh off a sale to Discovery of its sex therapy documentary Real 40 Year Old Virgins, British indie Zig Zag Productions has taken options on three new formats for the UK market. First up is Hide & Seek, a Japanese game show that Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite and Japan’s T Group are co-producing in the U.S. With the help of camouflage, set design and special effects experts, a family is hidden inside their own home while a celebrity ‘seeker’ searches for them. If the celeb fails, the family wins a cash prize. Discussions are underway with UK broadcasters. Zig Zag also picked up UK rights to Jockey Stars from Galway’s Abu Media. The reality series follows hopefuls through three months of training to become the next great jockey. The show was voted Best Reality Series at this year’s Irish Film and Television Awards. Finally, the company pacted with Montreal’s Trio Orange for social media dating/manhunt show Wanted.
Zig Zag Options ‘Hide & Seek’ From Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite, Japan’s T Group
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest International News
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: “What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!”
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- James Corden Addresses “Human Decency Issue” In United States During ‘Late Late Show’ From London
- ‘Dead In A Week’: First Trailer & Key Deals For Comedy Starring Aneurin Barnard, Tom Wilkinson & Freya Mavor
- Netflix Acquires Korean Drama Series ‘Mr. Sunshine’ For July Premiere
- Conan O’Brien Talks Comedy That Endures & Shaq Makes A Spam Dunk – Cannes Lions