It was a face-off today between Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg on Telemundo‘s morning show Un Nuevo Dia and Matt Damon on Univision‘s Despierta America. Washington and Wahlberg promo’ed their new Universal pic 2 Guns on Un Nuevo Dia‘s sister Today with Savannah Guthrie. That was followed by an interview for Telemundo that was broadcast live on Un Nuevo Dia from the Today show plaza. At the same time, Matt Damon appeared on Univision’s Despierta America promoting Sony’s Elysium by participating in a live “guess that movie” game of charades with hosts. It’s a sign of the increasing competition among studios for the growing Latino market and the heated battle among Spanish-language TV broadcasters for that all-important morning space. Who fared better? Check out the videos: (beware auto play)
Telemundo & Univision Battle It Out With Hollywood A-Listers (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?