Regal and NCM Fathon Events will host midnight screenings of Syfy’s strangely popular Sharknado! on August 2, with the TV movie set for about 200 screens in NCM’s Digital Broadcast Network. Sharknado! premiered on Syfy on July 11, drawing just 1.4 million total viewers. But social media interest was high — most of the media reporting was about that more than about the movie itself, which stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid as part of a group that investigates the ecological nightmare of sharks falling from the skies and swimming through the streets of LA. A repeat viewing a week later on Syfy drew about a half-million more viewers, and the network has already ordered a sequel (or a prequel) to air in 2014.
‘Sharknado!’ Gets Midnight Screening Treatment Via Regal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?