Todd Sklar‘s sibling comedy Awful Nice has been picked up by Screen Media Films following its March SXSW 2013 premiere. Sklar wrote, directed, and produced the pic about two estranged brothers (co-writer Alex Rennie and James Pumphrey) who travel to Branson, Missouri to fix up and sell the house they inherited from their recently deceased father. Screen Media is planning a theatrical and VOD release for spring 2014. Awful Nice is based on Sklar’s award winning short film ’92 Skybox Alonso Mourning Rookie Card, which also starred Rennie and Pumphrey. The feature film version co-stars Brett Gelman (Eagle Heart), Keeley Hazell, and Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU). Jason Krigsfeld and Joseph Krigsfeld of Brothers K Productions exec produced the pic which was produced by Michael Forstein, Adam Paulsen, Todd Sklar, Maury Steinman, and Brock Williams. Sklar, Rennie, and Pumphrey are repped by CAA and Principato Young. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Films Acquires SXSW Comedy ‘Awful Nice’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?