The Ryan Seacrest Overexposure March continues, with the press in hot pursuit. His latest pit stop: Seacrest is this close to signing a deal to host NBC’s new reality series Million Second Quiz. To recap: Seacrest is already host of Fox’s American Idol, a daily Clear Channel radio show, ABC’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve. He’s also the face of E!’s trophy-show coverage, and is the Kardashian family’s exec producer of choice. In a major image booster, he signed a big two-year deal with Comcast in which its NBC network put him to work special-corresponding for Today, contributing to the network’s primetime news programming and to its Olympics coverage. You or I might argue that hosting a new reality competition/social experiment in which players test their “knowledge” and endurance over 12 consecutive days and nights while shacked up in an hourglass-shaped structure in Manhattan is off-brand for The Man Who Would Replace Matt Lauer. But, Seacrest’s own personal idol was Dick Clark, who hardly ever turned down an opportunity to host a non-scripted TV show. Heck, NBC tried to ease Clark out of hosting his own TV Blooper and Practical Jokes years back, feeling the franchise would benefit from a younger host, only Clark declined to comply. NBC, meanwhile, is always looking for opportunities to put American Idol faces on its entertainment programs: Katharine McPhee on Smash, Jennifer Hudson on Smash, Clay Aiken on The Apprentice. It’s not news when Seacrest is this close to signing a deal to host NBC’s tacky-ish competition-in-a-glass-house show – it’s news if he turns it down.
Ryan Seacrest To Host Yet Another Non-Scripted Live Show: NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Telemundo Shatters World Cup & Spanish Language TV Records With Mexico Win
- ‘Now Apocalypse’: Jacob Artist & Chris Aquilino Set To Recur On Starz Comedy Series
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Is “Medicine For Me To Survive In This Current Climate”, Drew Barrymore Says
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game For Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage