The SAG Awards announced today that Rita Moreno has been named the 50th recipient of SAG-AFTRA’s highest tribute – the SAG Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment. Given annually to an actor who fosters the “finest ideals of the acting profession”, the union’s top accolade will be given out at the 20th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards simulcast live on TNT and TBS on January 18, 2014. The actress, singer, dancer, author, political and cultural and diversity activist and educator also has won an Oscar, two Emmys, a Tony, a Grammy, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, and the National Medal of the Arts. At age 81, the Puerto Rican-born Moreno has had a nearly 70-year career and currently plays Fran Drescher’s mother in TV Land’s Happily Divorced and recently wrote her autobiography Rita Moreno: A Memoir which became a 2013 bestseller.
Rita Moreno To Receive Life Achievement Award During 2014 SAG Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Awardsline News
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- Christine Baranski On 'The Good Fight's Real, Sexy, Powerful Woman; Girl Talk With Meryl Streep & Cher
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Susan Kelechi Watson On Becoming A Surprise Fan Favorite & Beth Pearson’s Future On…
- Notes On The Season: Can Kevin Spacey Win An Emmy?; Jessica Biel On The Toll Of ‘The Sinner’; J.K. Simmons Stars…