EXCLUSIVE: Hot off an acclaimed performance in Woody Allen’s new film Blue Jasmine, Andrew Dice Clay has signed with Resolution. The agency will try to help him capitalize on a surprise breakout performance in Jasmine, which this past weekend had the biggest opening per-screen average of Allen’s career. While Clay stars opposite strong thesps Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Sally Hawkins, Peter Sarsgaard and Bobby Cannavale, critics have been singling him out for praise for his performance as a working stiff ruined by a white-collar crook. Clay showed acting promise early on in his stint on Michael Mann’s Crime Story TV series opposite the late Dennis Farina, but all that got overshadowed when his stand-up act began selling out stadiums. Clay most recently played himself in a story arc in the final season of HBO’s Entourage. It was that work that inspired Allen to cast him in Blue Jasmine. Clay is managed by Bruce Rubenstein.
Resolution Signs Andrew Dice Clay Off ‘Blue Jasmine’ Performance
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…