Showtime’s Ray Donovan had the biggest original series debut in the cable network’s history last night with 1.35 million viewers at 10 PM. The LA fixer series starring Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight was up from the 1.08 million who watched the debut of Homeland on October 2, 2011. Homeland’s debut was the best drama premiere the cable network had over the previous eight years; Season 2 of Homeland debuted September 30 with 1.73 million viewers. Over two plays Sunday, Ray Donovan pulled in 2.22 million viewers. Those number were certainly helped by its bloodlusting lead-in: At 9 PM in its new summer slot, Dexter returned for its eight and final season with 2.5 million viewers, up from the 2.4 million who watched the series’ Season 7 premiere on September 30 and an all-time premiere high for the show. Sunday’s premiere continues Dexter’s unbroken premiere ratings growth since its 2006 Season 1 opener. Overall, Dexter had 3.2 million viewers for the night over all plays. As well as premiering last night, the entire first episode of Ray Donovan has been available online since mid-June.
‘Ray Donovan’ Sets Record For Showtime Debut, ‘Dexter’ Snags Premiere High
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing