EXCLUSIVE: Heading into second season, Netflix‘s comedic prison drama Orange Is The New Black has added Lorraine Toussaint in a heavily recurring role. Additionally, Danielle Brooks, who recurred on Season 1 as Taystee, has been promoted to regular. She joins fellow newly minted series regular Taryn Manning. Toussaint, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, will play Vee, a longtime street tough who ran her own drug business, recruiting children to serve as runners. She recurs on ABC Family’s The Fosters and starred in Ava Duvernay’s Middle Of Nowhere. Brooks, repped by Innovative, landed the role of carefree Tasha Jefferson aka Taystee fresh out of Julliard.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Adds Lorraine Toussaint, Promotes Danielle Brooks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Shark Tank' Judges And Producers Spill Secrets On Eve Of 200th Episode: "I'm Surprised More Entrepreneurs Don't Bomb" - Tribeca TV Festival
Alyssa Milano Comes Forward With #WhyIDidntReport Story: "It Meant Recognizing My Attacker’s Existence"
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Sounding Near $27M Alarm; Counterprogramming Still In Deep Sleep
Latest TV News
- Lifetime Decks Its Halls With 23 Holiday-Themed Movies & More Cheer
- Rod Rosenstein Headed To White House, Expected To Resign As Deputy AG
- HBO To Open Doors To Westeros In Northern Ireland As It Eyes Major ‘Game Of Thrones’ Tourist Attractions
- Glass Entertainment Group Inks Overall Deal With Danny Passman’s Crybaby Media; Will Open L.A. Office
- Greg Lipstone Joins Ben Silverman and Howard T. Owens’ Propagate As President
- Netflix Sets Music History Docuseries ‘ReMastered’ For Fall Premiere