It will be only the second time Oprah Winfrey has visited David Letterman‘s late-night talk show, following the long-in-the-works and much-publicized appearance in December 2005 after years of public bickering (and wooing) by Letterman. Winfrey is making her second-ever appearance August 1, the CBS show said today. Eight years ago, Winfrey’s appearance coincided with the red-carpet premiere of The Color Purple on Broadway; after her appearance, Letterman escorted her across the street to the opening. This time, Winfrey is promoting her new film Lee Daniels’ The Butler, which hits theaters August 16.
Oprah Winfrey Returning To ‘Letterman’ On August 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest TV News
- Legendary TV Inks Overall Deal With Kelly Sue DeConnick & Matt Fraction’s Milkfed Criminal Masterminds
- Red Nose Day Special Sets 2019 Date On NBC
- Amy Poehler’s Paper Kite Lands ‘The Great Believers’, Novel About AIDS Epidemic, With Eye On TV Series
- YouTube, Facing Heat Over Problematic Content, Claims Faster Video Removal And 58M Takedowns In Q3
- Kaya Scodelario To Star In Netflix’s Figure Skating Drama Series ‘Spinning Out’
- Netflix, Amazon, Hulu & Apple Top TV For 1st Time; Broadcast & Cable Decline