New York Governor Andrew Cuomo today announced the creation of a new post-production, VFX, and animation company to be established at the Tri-Main Center in Buffalo, NY. Empire Visual Effects and Daemen College will partner on the project which is expected to bring 150 new jobs within five years to the western NY city. Funding comes from a $4.5M allotment awarded by the state of New York from its $1B Buffalo Billion Investment Development Plan. In 2012, Cuomo upped post-production incentives from 10% to 30% in the metropolitan NY region and 35% in upstate NY; in April 2013, he raised filming and post-production tax credits to as much as 45% for qualified productions.
New York State Grants $4.5M To New Post, VFX, And Animation Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
PTA, Cuaron, Streisand, Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Inarritu, DiCaprio, Chazelle, Nolan Among Directors Appealing To Warner Bros To Save FilmStruck
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
'This Is Us' Tops Demo; 'NCIS' Rules Total Viewers As Tuesday Shows Take Midterm Election Preemption Hits
Latest Film News
- William Nicholson’s ‘Hope Gap’, With Annette Bening, Bill Nighy & Josh O’Connor, Inks Key Deals…
- ‘The Favourite’ Scores Five Early British Independent Film Awards
- Isan Elba, Daughter Of Idris Elba, Named Golden Globe Ambassador
- ‘Dumbo’ Trailer: Tim Burton’s Live-Action Take On Disney Classic Takes A Heartfelt Flight
- ‘A Twelve-Year Night’ Director On Exploring How To Stay Human When Your Humanity Is Taken Away – Awardsline…
- Malibu Film Society Hopes To Renew Operations In Happier Times